How to Become a Habitat Homeowner
Do I Qualify for a Habitat for Humanity Home?
All applicants must have lived in Waukesha County for at least one year prior to applying. In addition, Habitat for Humanity looks at three basic criteria:
Need may include overcrowding, unsafe living conditions, high rent payment, etc.
2. Ability to pay
Ability to pay may include income within our guidelines, low debt, good credit, etc.
3. Willingness to partner
Willingness to partner may include willingness to complete sweat equity hours, timeliness of submitting requested information, etc.
How Do I Apply for a Habitat for Humanity Home?
- Submit your completed application.
- Attend a Habitat 101 session.
- Habitat 101 is an informational session about Habitat for Humanity's homeownership program and what to expect during the application process. You must attend one session for your application to be consideredcomplete. The sessions are held at the affiliate office located at 2020 Springdale Rd., Waukesha 53186. The session will last 30-60 minutes. You can bring your completed application and verificationinformation to the Habitat 101 session.
- For upcoming Habitat 101 dates see the calendar below.
- To verify the information you provided on your application, we will need the following:
- Two most recent tax returns
- Current paystubs (for two months)
- Benefit statements for SSI, Social Security, disability, rent assistance (Section 8), child support, or any other benefit programs.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to be a Habitat homeowner, or have questions about Habitat's home ownership program, please contact our Family Services Coordinator, Tyler Iscra, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-309-6025 x206.